Thursday, February 13, 2014

Valentine Chocolates


It's almost Valentine's Day!!! My friends invited me over for a sleepover tomorrow night, so I decided it would be fun to make these Valentine Chocolates to get in the mood. They're fun and easy to make, but you do need chocolate molds, which you can buy at a store that sells cookware. We always go to Sur La Table. My sister gave me these molds last Christmas. I haven't used them yet, so I thought it would be fun to create a recipe with them for my blog.


You will need:

7 oz/ 200 g good quality dark, milk, or white chocolate, broken into pieces

Optional: orange zest or finely chopped nuts

Extra: chocolate molds

Note: Dark chocolate is the easiest chocolate to work with, because it melts better than milk or white chocolate. Don't' let your chocolate get too hot, and make sure that no water comes in contact with the chocolate while melting it.


1. You will need chocolate molds like these. Put them on a flat surface.


2. Melt the chocolate in a bowl that can be heated (or use a double boiler). Put the bowl on a pan with boiling water in it. make sure the water doesn't touch the bowl. Melt the chocolate slowly on a low temperature. Stir from time to time. 


3. Pour the melted chocolate into the molds. 


4. If you want, you can sprinkle some orange zest or chopped nuts over the back of the chocolates. Put the molds in the fridge and wait for about 30 minutes until the chocolate is set. Tap or push the chocolates out of the molds. Eat them immediately or keep them in the molds in the fridge until needed.


Happy Valentine's Day!!!


2 comments:

  1. HAI FLO ITS LILLY I SUBSCRIBE NAO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Thanks for subscribing!! I haven't posted anything in a while though...

      Delete