Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Mexican Chocolate Pops


I once had Mexican Chocolate Pops in San Francisco and they were AMAZING!!! For the summer and the hot weather, I decided to make some of my own. It's very easy to make. All you need is a popsicle mold (we ordered one online). I'm a fan of dark chocolate and I don't like to have things too sweet. I know that's not very common for someone my age, so if you wish you can add more tbs of sugar than I did.




You will need:


1/2 cup/125 ml heavy cream

2.5 cups/600 ml milk
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tbs cacao
3-5 tbs sugar
3.5 oz/100 g dark chocolate (70%), chopped

Extra: popsicle mold (plus sticks)


1. In a small saucepan, mix the heavy cream, milk, cinnamon, cacao, and sugar. Bring to a simmer and stir until everything is well mixed and dissolved. Lower the heat and add the chopped chocolate. Stir until chocolate has melted. Remove the pan from the heat and let cool a little.


2. Pour the mixture into the molds. Leave a little space at the top, about 1/4 inch (1/2 cm). Put the lid on the popsicle mold. Put in the freezer. If using a mold with separate sticks, freeze until the mixture is slushy and then put the sticks in.


3. Freeze for at least 5 hours or until the pops are solid.


4. To unfold the pops, briefly dip the molds in warm water so that the pops are easy to take out of the molds. Enjoy your summer!



No comments:

Post a Comment